Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who are in the first semester of their first year and students who will commence their undergraduate programme in September 2014. This bursary programme offers financial assistance to those from low income family background to pursue their tertiary education locally.
YSD believes that financial limitations should not hinder anyone from reaching their academic goals. Hence, this programme will enable the bright, underprivileged students to maximize their full potentials academically.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
2. Aged 25 years or below
3. Total monthly gross household income of RM3,000
4. Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting event and community service
5. Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies
6. Good communication skills
Students below are eligible to apply for the scholarship:
Completed their foundation/ matriculation/ diploma programme
Currently applying or has received an offer letter from local universities
Currently in 1st semester (diploma/degree) in local universities
MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT
STPM (minimum 3A); or Pre-University/ Foundation/ Local Matriculation/ Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.00).
Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
ACCEPTED FIELDS OF STUDY
Bursaries will be offered to individuals pursuing any fields of study, except for Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, and medicine-related courses.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP
This bursary award covers tuition fees, board and lodging and book allowance up to a maximum amount of RM25,000 per year.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
SERVICE BOND PERIOD
The bursary recipients is not bonded with Sime Darby as you are not required to serve the Company
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in any IPTA and selected IPTS, preferably one of the following academic institutions:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Monash University (Malaysia Campus)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis ( UniMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UNIKL)
Note: Applicants applying to universities other than the above will be considered on a case to case basis.
Online application for 2014 intake available from 3 March - 28 March 2014.
Note: Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit the application form via YSD scholarship portal (YSMS). Please read the Frequently Asked Questions and the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
Important guidelines on online application form (only for applicant who has passed eligibility checking):
- Login password must consist of alphanumeric character with at least one upper case
- To click save button at each page before proceeding to the next page
- Parents Mykad (front & back) to be scanned in a same page and uploaded as one attachment
- Individual attachment size must not exceed 500Kb (file size can be reduced by adjusting printer/scanner resolution or by compressing the file)
- The answer given for page 11 of 12 should not exceed 500 characters in total. Characters refer to alphabet, symbols, numbers and etc. Make sure your answers are within the limit otherwise, you will not be able to properly submit your application.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY! (Link only active during application period)
Back to top