Eligibility and Criteria
- Age below 25 years old
- Total gross household income of RM2,500 per month or below
- STPM leavers or students who have completed or in the final semester of their foundation/ matriculation/ diploma programme
- Students who have received conditional offer letter from universities and will enroll into degree programme at local universities accepted by YSD in 2013.
- 1st year students who are currently pursuing degrees at local IPTA and selected IPTS are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Academic Requirement
Note: Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
Accepted Fields of Study
Bursaries will be offered to individuals pursuing any fields of study, except for Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, and medicine-related courses.
Value of Scholarship
This bursary award covers tuition fees, board and lodging and book allowance up to a maximum amount of RM25,000 per year.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in any IPTA and selected IPTS, preferably one of the following academic institutions:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Monash University (Malaysia Campus)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis ( UniMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UNIKL)
Applicants applying to universities other than the above will be considered on a case to case basis.
Bursary applications are available online starting from 9 March until 31 March 2013 (Deadline extended to 5th April 2013)
Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility
check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility
check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit
the application form via YSD scholarship portal(YSMS). Please read the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
Click HERE to apply! (Link only active during application period)
Important guidelines on online application form (only for applicant who has passed eligibility checking):
- Login password must consist of alphanumeric character with at least one upper case
- To click save button at each page before proceeding to the next page
- Parents Mykad (front & back) to be scanned in a same page and uploaded as one attachment
attachment size must not exceed 500Kb (file size can be reduced by
adjusting printer/scanner resolution or by compressing the file)
- The answer given for page 11 of 12 should not exceed 500 characters
in total. Characters refer to alphabet, symbols, numbers and etc. Make
sure your answers are within the limit otherwise, you will not be able
to properly submit your application.
Back to top